Welcome to Hale Turfball! Registrations are now open for our 2023 Turfball competition.
- WHAT: Turfball is like floorball, only we play it on the turf and not indoors. Same rules, sticks, airballs, goals and rink size! You can register as an individual and we find you a team, or you can register as a team. Your choice!
- WHEN: Turfball will be an 8 week program running from 13th Oct 2023 to 1st December 2023.
AGE: We will be running specific competitions by age group in each time slot. Timings below are an indication and will be confirmed prior the first game of the season and based on number of registrations per category.
- 4:30 Year 1/2s
- 5:15 Year 3/4s
- 6:00 Year 5/6s
- 6:45 Year 7/8
- 7:30 Year 9s Plus (including adults).
- Please note, younger age groups often register individually, and we will group into teams for you. Umpires in younger age groups will help teach rules and give advice on the games.
- TEAMS: Each time slot will have 8 teams. When each time slot is full, a wait list of players and teams will be established, and the competitions will be expanded if possible.
- EQUIPMENT: Your fee includes access to a stick and an umpire for your game. The plastic balls are hollow and light, you do not need to wear a mouthguard or shinpads - it's up to you.
REGISTER: This year you are asked to register as an individual:
- The cost of registration is $85 per person
- If you have a team, please write your team name, team manager and colour in the fields provided. While you can have unlimited team members we recommend 6 or 7 per team - there are 5 players on the field during games with unlimited interchange.
- If you do not have a team, we will put a team together for you or place you into team.
INSURANCE: If you are not a Hale member, or member of the hockey community and would like to take out insurance you can do so here.
- ALL AGES - If you are registered with a HockeyWA club you are already covered for insurance and don't need to do anything. This also applies to Minkey, 1/2 & 3/4 programs run by any HWA club.
- If you are in Yr 5/6 or above and want insurance the cost is $20 - please use the link above and select "Turfball Insurance" on p2.
- FUN! Turfball is set to be bigger and better than ever this year. The bar will be open, we will have regular food events and a celebratory theme days too. This is a great way to get together with friends and family in a friendly social environment on a Friday night!
- For any questions please contact Lizzie Howe at email@example.com